YouTubes we like (2/2022)
- Sailing Bohemia https://youtu.be/dPLsPvXQVCE
- We like this series of videos because of their excellent drone footage showing the beauty of the Sea of Cortez. Their experiences are also very comparable to ours although we don’t move around as much! This video is their episode 24, filmed at one of our most favorite places in the Sea of Cortez. We can be seen on the right hand side of the frame in one of their final shots on this video (although we did not meet them until a few months later.) They started their cruising adventure in San Francisco and as of their latest video in February 2022 they are along the pacific coast of Southern Mexico.
- Sailing Uma https://youtu.be/lyjjpfhepII
- This video picks up their journey into the Arctic Circle as they transit to Svalbard in the very North Atlantic in 2021. One of the most popular cruising YouTube series, their storytelling is interesting and their film-making is superior. Another fun fact, they have been traveling far and wide via electric propulsion, resulting in a carbon footprint much smaller than many of us cruisers.
- Reckless Abandon https://youtu.be/6GNtmRgGC2g
- And now for something completely different. A friend of ours who hiked the entire Appalachian Trail in 2021. Lots of prepping, which we can relate a bit to cruising.
These are miscellaneous MOV files, they don’t run long.
Click on a title below, a QuickTime logo will appear onscreen, and wait for the player screen to load. The video may run automatically, otherwise press the play (arrow) button in lower left corner of window to run the video. (This is a cheap point-and-shoot still camera we are using so the image quality is not always the best.)
Carnival La Paz 2013 – Dancing Whale Shark
Carnival La Paz 2013- Dancing Girls
Carnival La Paz 2013 – Party Float
Carnival La Paz 2013 – Sea Life Float
Dolphins escorting Voyager – about 10 seconds
Frigate birds on Isla Isabel – about 10 seconds
Frigate birds v2, juvenile in nest, Isla Isabel (look at his jiggly neck! and the many birds flying above) – about 10 seconds
French acrobats performing in Nuevo Vallarta – about 20 seconds
(so turn your head or your monitor sideways!)
Humpback whale near Cabo Corientes (south end of Banderas Bay) – about 13 seconds, you need to wait ’til almost the end of the video
NEW Pelican hitching a ride on Voyager (we are motoring at about 7 knots) – about 10 seconds
Pelicans carrying on (feasting) in Barra Lagoon – about 9 seconds
Pesky Pelicans (final footage is wing making contact with Julie’s head!) – about 9 seconds
Salvation Army kids Christmas program at Marina Mazatlan – about 16 seconds